Friday, June 17, 2005

california for meffordia

The beautiful river valleys of eastern California:

photo by Mefford Williams


On the way to work in Yosemite I had the chance to run two sections of the Kaweah River near Three Rivers, CA: the North Fork and the Upper North Fork. The Upper featured a fabulous uphill hike; the breathtaking views more than made up for the breathtaking hiking.

photo by Mefford Williams

Also in this area of california is a tree (the name of which is still unknown to me) that I became enchanted with and had to share a photo:

photo by Mefford Williams

One of the days of paddling featured some Irish youngsters who are over in the states to kayak, kill time, and generally expand their horizons. Quite talented in this kind of yo-yo-ing as well; some very entertaining take-out antics.

photo by Mefford Williams

My travels then finished in Yosemite where I began teaching outdoor environmental education for Naturalists at Large in the most beautiful place I've ever been:

photo by Mefford Williams


photo by Mefford Williams

That's the love for now. Stay tuned: same blog time, same blog channel.

photo by Shanna Powell

No comments: